Overview of Position:
This position is the final level for an Engineer-In-Training, designed to further develop the professional knowledge, skills and abilities, of the Engineer. This position will independently perform engineering assignments with clear and specified objectives involving conventional types of engineering plans, surveys, investigations or structures with few complex features. Exercise of judgment is required on details of work and in making preliminary selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives; work is reviewed for the application of sound professional judgment by Supervisor.
% Of Time Essential Functions:
- 5% Participate in project “kick off” meeting to understand the scope and nature of the
project, confirm all necessary documentation, and determine design criteria
- 5% Acquire an understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities.
- 10% Apply prescribed methods and procedures in accordance with established criteria to perform tasks assigned by Professional Engineers.
- 50% Prepare structural calculations in accordance with applicable design codes by following standard
engineering practices and procedures within established guidelines.
- 10% Prepare bridge and structural design plans and develop quantity calculations.
- 10% Assist in preparations of project reports and/or design specifications.
- 10% Participate in design reviews to evaluate design concepts.
- Attend project meetings and assist with presentations.
- Interact and collaborate with other staff on project assignments.
- Implement GME Quality Management Plans for project deliverables.
- Assist Designers, as well as CAD Technician.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- Successfully passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam.
- Recent grad to four (4) or more years of experience.
- Proficient with relevant technology/software such as MicroStation, Open Roads, Open Bridge, RISA, STADD,
BGS-TXDOT, PGSUPER, PSTRS14-TXDOT.
- Experience in design and plan preparation of Transportation Structures.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be knowledgeable of engineering principles
- Must possess excellent time management skills and be able to complete assigned tasks and meet deadlines.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite Programs: Word, Excel Power Point.
- Must be able to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Maintain a professional appearance and behavior.
- Must be well organized and detail oriented.
Please email your resume to email@example.comSubmit Resume