Overview of Position:
This position performs routine assignments of moderate variety, complexity, skill and experience, creating civil engineering plan design documents, using independent judgment.
% Of Time Essential Functions:
- 5% Participate in project “kick off” meeting to understand the scope and nature of the project, confirm all necessary documentation, and determine design criteria.
- 5% Gather documents needed to create design plans, determine the drawing sequence and design presentation.
- 5% Prepare project submittals, conduct necessary research, and document results of analysis and research findings.
- 50% Serve as Project Engineer in the design and review of projects such as complex water, sanitary sewer, storm sewer, paving and drainage systems, major street construction, including refinement of rough sketches, without conflicts; prepare drainage area maps, grading plans, and calculations, per client requirements; create facility alignments, profiles and plans.
- 5% Assist in conducting feasibility studies, coordinating with the Project Manager, to assess costs, project options, and project advantages.
- 15% Review plans to ensure accuracy of documents, note any discrepancies and necessary Changes.
- 5% Review of plan quantities to ensure all numbers are accurate, prepare bid documents, and review all documents with construction department.
- Provide accurate accounting of time spent on projects, with descriptions for each time entry.
- May set project priority for CAD Technicians and Designers within given projects.
- Research and be conversant with all latest Agency design guidelines and be able to update the design staff on any revisions.
- Develop or refine companywide design standards.
- Required to go on site visits for necessary research.
- Organize Career Fairs and who will attend.
- Coordination and communication with local reviewing authorities.
- Supervise and train E.I.T.s, Designers, as well as CAD Technician
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineers’ (P.E.) License in the State of Texas
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressive design experience and three (3) years of increasingly responsible experience in professional civil engineering field
- Must possess current knowledge of local, state, and federal design codes and regulations, industry practices and regulations, and the ability to read and understand construction drawings and legal documents
- Must possess thorough knowledge of current technology and the capabilities and efficiencies of specific engineering software for use in completing engineering assignments
- Must be able to apply sound engineering principals in solving engineering problems, as well as effectively communicate said solutions to all parties involved
- Must be able to lead and contribute to the design, execution, and support for all projects, maintain client and/or contractor relationships, and attend necessary meetings in the greater Houston area
- Must be able to plan and design engineering projects that may require unique or controversial problems
- Must be able to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Must be able to interpret, organize, execute, and coordinate assignments
- Must possess and exhibit excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Must be able to efficiently multi-task
- Must maintain a professional appearance and behavior
- Must be self motivated, detail oriented, and possess the ability to think critically and solve problems
Please email your resume to email@example.comSubmit Resume