Overview of Position:
This position will be under minimal direction and supervision of Project Coordinators and/or Project Managers. Responsible to design, prepare and maintain construction drawings for underground infrastructure, roadways, and detention basins.
- Perform all preliminary research/feasibility required to effectively determine needs of project. (i.e. plats, easements, pipelines, etc.) Design and work with multiple constraints.
- Participate in project “kick off” meeting to understand the scope and nature of the project, confirm all necessary documentation, and identify any design hazards.
- Gather documents needed to create design plans, determine the drawing sequence, and design presentation.
- Prepare and submit projects including conducting necessary research and gathering all necessary documentation for agency submittals.
- Design of complex water, sanitary sewer, storm sewer, paving and drainage systems, including refinement of rough sketches, without conflicts; drainage area map and grading plan and all calculations, per client requirements; creation and use of data shortcuts, alignments, profiles and surface modeling.
- Perform feasibility design for Project Managers, to assess costs, project options.
- Responsible for the quality of plans.
- Review of plan quantities to ensure all numbers are accurate, compilation of bid documents, and review all documents/estimates with Construction Department.
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge and understanding of local and surrounding criteria, industry and company standards for design and drafting of projects.
- Perform and complete assigned tasks and meet deadlines.
- Coordinate with Public Agencies.
- Perform drainage calculations and provide feasible proposed solutions.
- Prepare Civil 3D surface models and calculate dirt volumes.
- Proficiency in all essential design software utilized by the department.
- Act as a problem solver in a creative, constructive, and collaborative environment.
- Train and/or mentor CAD staff and EIT’s in Company procedures, CAD standards and Design tasks.
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate degree in Civil Drafting and Design preferable.
- 10 years of the Utility District projects drafting experience (water plant, wastewater treatment, lift station and all related site needs).
- Must be well experienced and knowledgeable in Civil 3D and AutoCAD experience
- Experience in MicroStation is a plus.
- Mentoring experience.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Please email your resume to email@example.comSubmit Resume