RGME brought a little “Fat Tuesday” tradition to the office in celebration of Mardi Gras! With ice cream, King Cakes shipped in from New Orleans and a variety of Zapps potato chips, employees enjoyed a taste of Carnival Season festivities right here in the Bayou City.
Here are some fun facts about Mardi Gras:
- • Mardi Gras, translates directly to “Fat Tuesday.”
- • The official colors of Mardi Gras are purple, gold, and green, respectively.
- • Purple symbolizes “Justice” > Gold represents “Power” > Green signifies “Faith”
- • Each year in New Orleans, an estimated 25M pounds of plastic beads are tossed in parades.
- • “Fat Tuesday” is declared a State Holiday in Louisiana, Alabama, and Florida.
- • The earliest know carnival celebrations were traced back to 1294 in Nice, France.